News, Events, and Announcements
Gender-Inclusive Restroom Locations 2021
UNR now provides a list and map of all gender-inclusive restrooms on campus. In Fleischmann Agriculture and Life Science, the gender-inclusive bathroom is located on third floor inside the Museum of Natural History, #R303 (available during museum open hours only, usually M-F 9 AM-5 PM)
Black Birders Week 2021
May 30 - June 5, 2021
Please join us in celebrating Black Birders Week. Check out the #BlackAFInSTEM website and the flyer alongside for more details on live panel discussions, social media prompts, and nationwide birding events!
- Sunday, May 30: #BlackInNature -- Introduce yourself and how you enjoy nature
- Monday, May 31: #BirdsOnMyBlock -- Birding can be a hobby or a lifestyle, just get started! Learn how with Cornell Lab of Ornithology
- Tuesday, June 1: #BirdsEyeView -- Honoring the many identities and activities in the birding world
- Wednesday, June 2: #LiferMemories -- Share your favorite Lifer moments, stories, or feelings
- Thursday, June 3: #SafeInNature -- Highlight ways to stay safe when birding and working the outdoors. Join a discussion with Monique Pipkin, M.S. and Amelia Demerry, M.S.
- Friday, June 4: #OnTheirWings -- Honoring those who came before us and uplifting those who will come after
- Saturday, June 5: #BirdsOfAFeather -- Birds are everywhere and so are we. Highlight your endemic species and share your pics and lists.
Academics for Black Survival and Wellness - Registration Open for Summer 2021 Course
Juneteenth - July 3, 2021
Academics for Black Survival and Wellness is a group that strives to both foster accountability and growth for non-Black people and enhance healing and wellness for Black people. The organization, started by a group of Black counseling psychologists and colleagues, provides free workshops for healing and anti-racism trainings. The next 2-week online course starts on Juneteenth 2021. You can also find content from the 2020 "rewind and remix" workshops at the Academics for Black Survival and Wellness website.
EECB has a new student JEDI committee page!
Ta da! More details to come, check out the new "Heritage Months" page for resources about Black History Month, Women's History Month, and International Trans Day of Visibility -- and more! Check back here for announcements related to our community and new features on this website.